Loretta Pemberton was the wife of Dan Harrison Andrews (B) 1933.
Her father was Clint Pemberton and her mother was Oleva (Large) Pemberton
Oleva had two sisters: Elizabeth and Sarah.
She also had a brother, Edgar, who was gassed in one of The Wars and was never “quite right” after that. Knowing what we know these days, perhaps it was Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.
Somewhere in here one of them married into a family called The Waits.
This information was on file as part of general research done by Dan Andrews, but there is nothing to indicate that these people are specifically related to Clinton Paul Pemberton lineage. Please use with that in mind…
George Franklin Pemberton (B) Sept 12, 1918 in Coalgrove, OH (D)
– (Mar) Dec 19, 1939 to Helen Mae Rodger
Clinton Paul Pemberton (B) Apr 5, 1901/05 in Huntington, WV (D) Mar 12, 1964
Oleva Marie (Large) Pemberton (B) June 6, 1913 in Pine Grove, Ohio (D) Sept 14, 1989 (Mar) 1929
– F: Martha Pemberton (B) Jan 1931 (D) Jan 1931 – Died at birth
Loretta (SEE ANDREWS FAMILY HISTORY)
Inez (SEE KLAUS FAMILY HISTORY on this page)
Victor – PEMBERTON FAMILY HISTORY CONTINUED HERE
Hazel (SEE ARCURI FAMILY HISTORY on this page)
Ella(SEE WEISER FAMILY HISTORY coming soon)
Edgar – PEMBERTON FAMILY HISTORY CONTINUED HERE
|Our Cousins and Peers|
|Summary: Clinton’s sister has a daughter,
which would be the cousin of our mother/father.Ella (Pemberton) Haas is Clint’s sister – Pauline is the daughter of EllaPauline (Haas) Duvendeck (B) (D)
(Mar) ??? Duvendeck (B) (D) when he was shot
|Grand-uncles, Grand-aunts and cousins… a few times removed|
|Summary: At this time, the only information
available is that of the marriage of Clinton’s sister.Ella (Pemberton) Hass (B) (D)
(Mar) George Haas (B) (D) (Mar) – George was the longest serving Sheriff in their area.
– F: Pauline Haas (B) (D) (Mar) Devendeck
|Great Grandparents and Peers|
|Summary: Our Grandmother and Grandfather are born.(G GF) Charley Pemberton (B) (D)
(G GM) First wife: Martha (Collins) Pemberton
– M: (GF) Clinton Paul Pemberton (Mar) Oleva Large (More info above)- F: Hazel Pemberton (Mar) Dewey Heighton
– F: Ella Pemberton (Mar) George Haas (More info above)
– M: Julius “Dude” Pemberton (Mar)
– F? Maude Pemberton (Mar) Wilson
– F? Stella PembertonFamily folklore has Maude or Stella marrying a black man. Clint blamed many of his problems because “… his sister married a N****!”Clint’s first wife was Nancy (Moran) Pemberton (B) (D) (Mar)
Clint and Nancy MIGHT have been half brother and half sister. Note was scribbled.Another note mentions the name Collins, but I have no other information at this time.(G GF) Denny Large (B) Oct 30, 1889 (D) Dec 15, 1962
(G GM) Ida Belle (Nunley) Large (B) Sept 16, 1893 in Boyd Co, KY (D) May 9, 1987 (Mar) Aug 29, 1910- F: (GM) Oleva Large (Mar) Clinton Paul Pemberton (More info above)
– F: Sarah M. Large (B) July 20, 1915 in Ironton, OH (D) May 4, 2000
– – (Mar) Sept 3, 1946 to Delbert “Windy” Darnell (B) May 19, 1911 in Athens, OH (D) Aug 26, 1984- – (ASIDE: Indications are that Sarah and Delbert divorced. Delbert later married to Stella Middleton.
– F: Ella Large (B) April 14, 1918 (D) Mar 15, 1991 (Mar) John Raymond Malone Sr.
– M: Edgar Large (B) Jan 7/8, 1919/20 (D) Aug 17, 2003 (Mar) on Feb 8, 1941 to Alice Green from Kentucky (conflicting DOBs)
– F: Elizabeth (Large) Waits (B) July 23, 1922 (Mar) Tommy Waits- F: June Large (B) May 28, 1926 (D) (Mar) Ellis Williams
– F: Viola Large (B) Mar 2, 1931 (Mar) Wendell Malone
|Great Great Grandparents and Peers – Spouses (B) 1820 – 1830.|
|Summary: The parents of Denny Large and those of Ida Belle Nunley
each give birth to the Grandparents of Oleva Large. There is no lineage available at this time
for the Grandparents of Clinton Paul Pemberton.(GG GF) Charley Large (B) (D)
(GG GM) Viola (Harper) Large (B) (D)
– M: (G GF) Denny Large (Mar) Ida Bell Nunley (More info above)(GG GF) Hart Nunley (B) (D) (?!? Another note says “Nunley Allen” Can someone clarify this?)
(GG GM) Rebecca (Jenkins) Nunley (B) (D)
– F: (G GM) Ida Belle Nunley (Mar) Denny Large (More info above)